We appreciate every opportunity to supplement our administrative staff with “for-credit” college interns who are interested in a meaningful internship experience that will provide valuable exposure to the areas of Education, Development, General Operations, Box Office, and more. Utilizing the time, talent and energy of college interns helps maximize our productivity and keep our overhead costs low.
- Learning experiences– Interns will have the opportunity to learn and participate in a variety of areas related to arts management, such as: patron services, education events, concert production, grant writing, database management, event production, and fundraising.
- Office support– Assist in preparing and mailing subscription campaign materials, press releases, post card mailings, donor letters, etc.; update contact information in our database; and provide office support in the daily operations of our nonprofit organization.
- Education– Student must be actively enrolled in college. Preference given to those majoring in Arts Administration, but students majoring in Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, workplace diversity and Communications are given equal consideration, and are encouraged to apply.
- Skills– Nimble thinker, curious learner who has the ability to use Microsoft product suite. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed in meeting participation, answering phones and responding to emails.
- Scheduling– approximately 15-35 hours per week. SSO is flexible in scheduling to ensure that internship requirements are met. Regular business hours are 9 AM to 5 PM. Time would be required on concert weekends and for special events in the evenings and on weekends.
E-mail letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.