ABOUT THE JOB
The part-time Box Office/Development Associate is a critical part of our organization and is often the first point of contact for patrons and donors; providing a foundation for our concert experience in a welcoming, enthusiastic, and engaging way. This role further supports the organization by operating and coordinating all aspects of ticket sales for SSO (Springfield Symphony Orchestra) and SSYO (Springfield Symphony Youth Orchestras) concerts and events. This role will oversee the ticketing and fundraising CRM database to process ticket sales, enter and report on donations and maintain mailing lists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL AREA: TICKETING
- Maintain and operate the orchestra’s ticketing system, including the processing of all renewal and new subscriptions, single ticket sales, exchanges, vouchers, and gift certificates. Serve as the primary liaison and contact person for all SSO patrons.
- Oversee and manage the subscription renewal process, both online and through the mail, including the development of a timeline, ordering necessary materials and supplies, creating/revising renewal form(s), organizing and sorting the subscriber data base to maximize the efficiency of the renewal process, and coordinating all activity required to execute the subscription renewal process by the established deadline.
- Maintain accurate records of all ticket-related transactions. Communicate with ticketing software personnel to ensure that ticketing software is being used in the most accurate and efficient way possible.
- Prepare and provide accurate reports of ticket sales activity immediately following each concert and as required by other staff and/or Board members.
- Attend all SSO and SSYO concerts. Organize, schedule, coordinate, and manage the functions of the box office for all events. Engage and supervise box office volunteers and personnel. Organize and oversee the distribution of will-call tickets. Handle tickets and/or seating problems and conflicts as they may arise.
GENERAL AREA: DEVELOPMENT
- Process all incoming donations and concert sponsorship payments.
- Prepare and send timely and accurate acknowledgement/thank-you letters to patrons/donors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records in the organization’s CRM system, ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development, including scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and managing correspondence when needed.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of development materials, including fundraising appeals, newsletters, and impact reports.
- Assist in developing and implementing stewardship strategies to acknowledge and recognize donors, including the coordination of donor recognition events and activities.
- Manage essential office supplies like letterhead, envelopes, and stationery for gift acknowledgement and other donor communications.
- Support the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, including annual appeals, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, and special events.
- Ensure accurate marketing exposure and acknowledgment promised to sponsors and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (e.g., nonprofit, communications, business) required.
- Previous experience in fundraising, development, or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience with CRM preferred (Choice, SalesForce , etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail and efficient writing and proofing skills to note and track ticket sales and gifts of all types.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities, including patrons and donors, Board of Directors, volunteers, SSO musicians, other staff, conductors, and guest performers.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and interface effectively with visitors and remain calm and effective during high-traffic times.
- Knowledge of both Microsoft and Google Suite; savvy with computer programs and software and ability to use or quickly learn the donor/ticketing database software.
- Confident to work independently during Box Office hours and during concerts.
- Knowledge of the Springfield area and experience in customer service is preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org