Join the SSO Blood Drive!
As part of "Circulate the Love" month, the SSO is proud to once again support the efforts of the American Red Cross. We are inviting our Staff, Musicians, Board Members, Volunteers - and YOU - to help us help the American Red Cross continue their life-saving work by donating blood at the American Red Cross Springfield MA Donor Center. It's quick and easy, you can schedule an appointment six days a week.
On behalf of our Staff, Board & Musicians – "Please Give the Gift of Life!"
Donate when it fits your schedule, at the Red Cross Springfield Donor Center:
American Red Cross Donor Center Address
(make a personal appointment that fits your schedule!)
150 Brookdale Drive
Springfield, MA 01104
American Red Cross Donor Center Hours
Monday,Tuesday & Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 8:15 AM - 2:00 PM
The Red Cross Springfield Donor Center is conveniently located at 150 Brookdale Drive, Springfield MA 01104, & is open six days a week (see specific hours above). Simply contact Nicole Vincent, our American Red Cross Regional Donor Representative at (617) 699-3803 (or at email@example.com) to make your personal appointment. Please join us in helping The American Red Cross save lives!
WHY YOU SHOULD HELP:
- One out of every 3 people in the US will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives
- One blood donation can save up to 3 lives
- Every two seconds, someone in the US needs blood
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints
- More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year, & many of them will need blood (sometimes daily) during chemotherapy treatment
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood
Check out these links, for more information about donating blood, and why it's so important!