An Educational Initiative Designed
Specifically for Girls Ages 8-18 on Friday, Feb. 9, 2018
This event is open to girls (ages 8-18) who are involved with music curriculum (either at their school, or privately), or who participate in organizations such as the Girl Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Girls, Inc. and other organizations that advocate for the education, empowerment and enlightenment of girls and young women. All student attendees are also invited to attend the next evening's concert for just $10 (see details below).
This program is designed to provide attendees with an informational and inspirational visit to Springfield Symphony Hall, a historic building that’s a jewel in the city’s landscape.
Together, the group will:
- Experience live symphonic music (This event is held on a Springfield Symphony Orchestra rehearsal night; a classical performance is scheduled for the evening following the session.)
- Learn about what goes into producing a classical concert
- Receive information regarding careers in the arts for women
- Meet professional musicians/vocalists, who will talk with the girls about careers for female performance artists, and share their experiences regarding being entrepreneurs in the field of classical music. These soloists will appear with the SSO on the Saturday following each of these events
Groups and individuals must register in advance in order to attend. Please contact Patrick McMahon, Manager of Music Education, or Karen Lavariere-Sanchez, Director of Marketing and Communications, at (413) 733-0636 or email email@example.com or klsanchez@SpringfieldSymphony.org with any questions and to reserve space. Reservation details are as follows:
- The session is capped at 50 attendees... reserve soon to confirm your space. And please note that the reservation deadline is two weeks prior to the event date.
- The event takes place from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at Springfield Symphony Hall (located at 34 Court Street, Springfield MA).
- The visit will also include an opportunity to listen to a portion of the orchestra's rehearsal in Symphony Hall, and a complimentary pizza dinner.
- Girls who attend are invited to also attend the next evening's SSO concert for $10. Adult chaperones are required; adult tickets are available at the discounted rate of $25. Contact Patrick McMahon or Karen Lavariere-Sanchez for information about how to register.
- A minimum of one adult chaperone from each participating organization is required for every five girls (for the educational events, as well as for the concert on the following evening).
- Attendees must register in advance.
- Attendees are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
- All attendees must remain with the group during the event, appropriate behavior is expected from all who participate.