An Educational Initiative Designed
Specifically for Girls Ages 10-18 on Friday, April 28, 2017.
This event is open to girls in the Pioneer Valley (ages 10-18) who are involved with music curriculum (either at their school, or privately), or who participate in organizations such as the Girl Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Girls, Inc. and other organizations that advocate for the education, empowerment and enlightenment of girls and young women. All student attendees are also invited to attend the next evening's concert - FREE (see details below).
This program is designed to provide attendees with an informational and inspirational visit to Springfield Symphony Hall, a historic building that’s a jewel in the city’s landscape. Together, the group will:
- Experience live symphonic music (these events are held on Springfield Symphony Orchestra rehearsal nights; a classical performance is scheduled for the evening following each session)
- Learn about what goes into producing a classical concert
- Receive information regarding careers in the arts for women (from three female members of the SSO's senior staff)
- Meet a professional musician / vocalist, who will talk with the girls about careers for female performance artists, and share their experiences regarding being entrepreneurs in the field of classical music. These soloists will appear with the SSO on the Saturday following each of these events
To Register Your Group:
Groups must register in advance in order to attend. Please contact Karen Lavariere-Sanchez, SSO Director of Marketing and Communications, at (413) 733-0636 x115 or klsanchez@SpringfieldSymphony.org with any questions, and to reserve space for your group. Reservation deadlines are as follows:
- The session is capped at 75 attendees... reserve soon to confirm your space. And please note that the reservation deadline is one week prior to each event date.
- The events take place from 4:30pm - 6:30pm at Springfield Symphony Hall (located at 34 Court Street, Springfield MA 01103).
- The visit will also include an opportunity to listen to a portion of the orchestra's rehearsal in Symphony Hall, and a complimentary pizza dinner.
- Girls who attend are invited to also attend the next evening's SSO concert for FREE. Adult chaperones are required; adult tickets are available at the discounted rate of $25, call Karen Lavariere-Sanchez, Director of Marketing & Communications at (413) 733-0636 X115 or send an email to klsanchez@SpringfieldSymphony.org for information on how to register.
- A minimum of one adult chaperone from each participating organization is required for every 5 girls (for the educational events, as well as for the concert on the following evening).
- Groups must register in advance in order to attend.
- Groups are responsible for arranging for their own transportation.
- All attendees must remain with the group during the event, appropriate behavior is expected from all who participate.